Observe the code listed below.
- Always stay in control, and be able to stop or avoid other people or objects.
- People ahead of you have the right of way. It is your responsibility to avoid them.
- You must not stop where you obstruct a trail or are not visible from above.
- Whenever starting downhill or merging into a trail, look uphill and yield to others.
- Always use devices to help prevent runaway equipment.
- Observe all posted signs and warnings. Keep off closed trails and out of closed areas.
- Prior to using any lift, you must have the knowledge and ability to load and unload safely.
This is a partial list. Be safety conscious. Officially endorsed by: National Ski Areas Association.
All fencing, poles, signage and other marking devices are in place to inform you of potential hazards or obstacles. The markers will not protect you from injury, and it is your responsibility to stay away from marked areas. The use of helmets or wrist guards may reduce the risk of injury. Whether or not to wear a helmet or other safety devices is a personal choice. Make sure to check into all available options.
Know the code. It's your responsibility.
Be Aware. Ski with Care.